Support for employers when taking on Modern or Graduate Apprentices
Whether it’s hiring someone new or developing an existing employee, apprenticeships can help provide the skills your business needs.
The Apprentice Employer Grant (AEG) is available to help you to recruit new Modern or Graduate Apprentices within your business or upskilling existing employees.
- £5,000 for employers taking on or upskilling a 16 to 24-year through a Modern or Graduate Apprenticeship, and for those aged up to 29 years who have a disability, are care experienced or are from a black, Asian or minority ethnic background.
- £3,500 for employers taking on or upskilling an individual aged 25 and over through a Modern or Graduate Apprenticeship.
- If applications are for upskilling existing employees, the grant specifically supports those who have changed job roles within the last four months.
Funding will be available for eligible employers where the apprenticeship start date was on or after 1st December 2020. Funding will be available for starts until 25th March 2021 or until funding levels are exceeded, whichever comes first.
To find out more about the Apprenticeship Employer Grant, visit the apprenticeships.scot website.
More financial support is being provided to employers to take on apprentices who have been made redundant as a result of the pandemic.
What is Adopt an Apprentice?
Adopt an Apprentice is a financial incentive for employers to take on an apprentice who has been made redundant.
Take on a Modern or Graduate Apprentice on the same apprenticeship to complete their training and get £5,000 to help cover wage and recruitment costs.
Adopt an Apprentice covers all sectors.
Why adopt an apprentice?
Adopting an apprentice can have benefits for you, your business and the local economy.
- Get £5000 in financial support
- Help a young person when they need it most
- Do your bit for the local economy
For more information read the Adopt an Apprentice programme rules.