We’ll be keeping this post regularly updated with the latest local Apprenticeship opportunities.
Are you enthusiastic with good organisation skills and excellent attention to detail?
As an Apprentice Warehouse person you will learn how to ensure stock is received, stored, picked & despatched accurately, and that all Health and Safety requirements are met and company policies are adhered to. You will receive full training in the depot and through the in house Learning and Development team.
While working towards the SVQ level 2 & level 3 in Warehousing & Storage, you will be trained to undertake the following duties:
· Receiving and unloading deliveries
· Health and safety
· Stock checking
· Stock rotation
· Stock management
With excellent communication skills and a passion for success, you will be enthusiastic and enjoy working as part of a close team.
· Excellent communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Personal qualities
· Good timekeeping
· Willingness to learn
Desired qualifications: NAT 5’s in English and maths grade or above would be ideal but not essential, as this will be covered in your training programme
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £10,500.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
To find out more about this opportunity visit: https://uk.indeed.com/jobs-in-Thurso?vjk=f01fb222819053e0
John Gunn & Sons Ltd. are a long-established company based in Caithness, Scotland, who specialise in civil engineering operations, quarry supplies and services, property development and plant hire.
This Apprenticeship includes in house training alongside completion of a HNC course in Civil Engineering at UHI Inverness on block release.
As an apprentice engineer you will be involved in a vast majority of projects including various setting out / surveying operations, preparation of drawings, health, safety, and environmental paperwork, measuring of material quantities and quarry materials testing.
- Someone who is enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Someone who can work as part of a team and as an individual.
- Good communications skills and able to build working relationships.
- Be self-motivated.
- National 5 in Maths and English.
Desirable (but not essential)
- Full UK Driving licence
- Higher grade C or above in Maths (alternative access routes to college available if the applicant does not hold a grade C in Higher Maths)
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft software such as Word, Excel & Microsoft project.
Applicants are to send their CV to email@example.com.