If you’ve recently left school, are unemployed and not receiving benefits, a Pathway Apprenticeship could help you to prepare for the world of work.
You’ll gain an industry-recognised qualification and accelerate your progression into future employment of further apprenticeship opportunities.
- It’s delivered by learning providers, such as colleges, in partnership with employers
- You’ll gain knowledge, skills and experience through a series of practical activities, including industry projects and work placements
- The apprenticeship lasts up to 26 weeks (36 weeks for engineering) and can be extended up to 52 weeks if you are care experienced or disabled
- You’ll get a £100 weekly allowance
- Following successful completion, you will have gained a qualification and valuable insight and experience of the world of work
You’ll have the chance to train and get qualifications in growth sectors with strong future employment prospects including:
- Business Skills at SCQF Level 6
- IT / Digital (software) at SCQF Level 6
- IT / Digital (hardware) at SCQF Level 6
- Engineering SCQF Level 5
- Social Services Children & Young People at SCQF Level 6
To find out more about Pathway Apprenticeships, visit the apprenticeships.scot website.