Apprenticeships help you build the experience and skills that employers want to see. No matter what stage you’re at, they’ll help you get set for a bright future. And now, there are more ways than ever to get involved.
Find out about the three types of Scottish Apprenticeship types below.
Make a choice for future you. Choose a Foundation Apprenticeship and get industry experience plus a recognised qualification.
Learn about the world of work and gain industry knowledge while you’re still at school
There’s 12 Foundation Apprenticeship subjects to choose from and all were designed in partnership with employers.
Choose a Foundation Apprenticeship and you’ll quickly discover the benefits they bring.
- Gain a qualification that’s the same level as a Higher
- Learn essential skills employers want and strengthen your CV or personal statement
- Recognised by all Scottish universities and colleges
- Supports your application for a Modern Apprenticeship
How a Foundation Apprenticeship works
- Choose the apprenticeship as part of your subject choices in S4 or S5
- Spend time with a learning provider, such as a college
- Work on industry projects supported by experienced colleagues
- Get assessed on the work you do to achieve the qualification
- Successfully finish the apprenticeship so you earn the qualification and essential skills employers want
Get a job. Get paid. Get qualified.
With a Modern Apprenticeship you learn on the job, and get the experience you need. Plus, you work towards a qualification.
Whether you’re thinking about the future, job hunting, or want to learn new skills, a Modern Apprenticeship could be for you.
- Over 100 Modern Apprenticeships across hundreds of jobs
- Get the best possible training, designed with employers and industry in mind
- Learn in a real world environment that puts your skills to the test right away
- You get the experience employers are looking for
- Your qualification is accredited by the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
Get a job, get paid and get a degree at the same time.
Did you know 72% of Scottish employers think job applicants lack technical, practical or job specific skills?
A Graduate Apprenticeship helps you build the skills and knowledge that Scottish industries need. You’ll work, get paid, and achieve a degree – even up to masters level.
You’ll spend most of your time learning on the job, but will also be a student at a university or college.
- You’ll be in a paid job
- You’ll gain your qualification with a respected university or college
- You’ll be putting your learning into practice right away, solving problems on real world project
- Your work counts towards gaining your qualification, so you could gain your degree faster
- Designed by and for industry. What you learn is relevant, and right for your role.